Thursday, January 30, 2014

Kid Friendly, Gluten-Free, Flour-less Brownies

Lately my son, Chase, has an obsession with using our blender. Typically we make smoothies, but today I decided to switch-it-up.

I read in a Gluten Free Magazine (sorry I don't remember the name of the magazine) about making GLUTEN FREE, FLOUR-LESS, BROWNIES in a blender~ I was sold!  Chase totally helped in every step of the process.  By popular demand here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
Final product, cut in squares
Yum!

1 can black beans (rinsed & drained)
3 eggs
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbl. vanilla yogurt
Gluten-free cooking spray (I used soy free butter)
3/4 chopped nuts (optional) I used walnuts

Directions:

You can use a blender, large food processor or hand-held immersion blender for this recipe. 
Pre-heat oven to 350.

Blend beans and eggs into a paste. Add cocoa powder and vanilla and continue to mix.  Add sugar and yogurt. Blend until entire mix is smooth.

Pour batter into an 8 x 8-inch baking pan well-coated with gluten-free cooking spray. Top with nuts if using.

Bake for 25 minutes and allow to cool for 20 minutes before serving.  This prevents the brownies from becoming crumbly and make them easier to cut and remove from the pan.

So EASY!  TODDLER FRIENDLY KID RECIPE!
Chase eating a brownie




No comments:

Post a Comment