Monday, August 29, 2011

Must Read Book for Expecting Mommies

A MUST read book for pregnant mommies.
#1 Bump It Up, Transform your Pregnancy into the Ultimate Style Statement, by Amy Tara Koch
In May I was at the Pregnancy Awareness Month Expo in Santa Monica, CA and saw Amy's "Bump it Up" booth. I immediately picked up her book, read 1 page and was hooked (and I wasn't even pregnant). Amy is a fashion genius- something I know little about- but have learned since I started reading her book.
I enjoy being comfortable. I like to refer to myself as "Sporty Spice", from the 90's girl band The Spice Girls. If I could wear my tennis shoes and warm up pants everyday I would, but Amy won't let me- not with my daily growing bump. And she is sooo right! I'm officially in my second trimester and unlike many women my bump and I have already implemented many of Amy's tips. Here are a few:

1. I purged my closet of clothes of have not worn for months (and most likely will never wear)

2. The A-line dress (which I already had) I received so many compliments the day I wore it

3. Accessorize, I bought a few necklaces and earrings. (Thankfully my husband is reading a wonderful book- which I will review later- that told him to prepare financially for a new maternity wardrobe.)

If you are pregnant or know someone who is expecting, this is a MUST read book. Don't wait for the baby shower, purchase it for your friend or family member as a "Congratulations" gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment