Friday, June 25, 2010

Interview Tip #3 from VIP Nannies Inc., Household Staffing

This is Your Opportunity to Shine

  • Get down and play or interact with the children whenever possible. If they want to show you their new toy in their playroom, or their art project on the refrigerator, Go! Parents will be watching how you interact with their children, this could make or break your chance at the position.
"I once was in an interview for a position with an 8 month old who was crawling all over the place. There was a coffee table, with sharp edges, between me and the parents. The baby was just about to hit his head on the edge of the table when I put my hand over the edge to prevent this from happening. I was offered the position 1 day later. The mom commented on how she like my awareness of the baby's surroundings, specifically when I put my hand over the edge of the coffee table." ~True Story

  • Ask questions about the children. For example, allergies? favorite colors? favorite toys? daily routine? Be genuine!


No comments:

Post a Comment